I received an email from a charter member of the Rob’s Rant Revolution highlighting the difference between the first pitches of President Obama and President Bush. Before you send me hate mail, this is just for fun – but very interesting if you like Baseball.
President Bush – First Pitch
- 2-Seam Fastball. Will cut down-and away. The typical strikeout pitch.
- Power-T position before the throw. Generates hip drive for max. velocity.
- Eyes on the target.
- Pitching hand cocked back so batter can’t see ball during delivery.
- Business slacks. He ain’t here to play, hes gonna break the catchers hand.
Strike three – batter looking. Fastball looked inside coming towards plate then broke away on the inside corner.
President Obama – First Pitch
- Palm ball. Comes in slow and doesn’t move.
- No Power-T. Right hand hanging down towards dirt.
- Eyes and mouth show fear that a batter will actually be in there to knock it 603 feet..
- Pitching hand open so batter can see ball during delivery.
- Blue jeans? When they asked him to throw out the first pitch he wrote a speech.
This ball will be hit so far it will need a flight attendant.
***SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON***
Interesting. I suppose this is why we didn’t actually see the pitch to into the glove of Pujols’ glove at the All-Star Game. Also, I guess it helps that Bush 43 owned part of an MLB team at one time.
I have no idea who credit this email to, but I’ll be glad to if I find out. Thanks in advance – I got a good laugh on this one.
Of course, this is just my opinion.